Saturday, January 7, 2012

Card Patterns sketch #147

Thanks so much for all the comments yesterday. I am happy to post my first DT card for Card Patterns. The sponsors for this week is DRS Designs, and the DT got to play with some wonderful stamps.

Here’s the #147 sketch:


Check out the Card Patterns blog to check the cards of the other Design Team members. Here's my card:

I made a winter card using this cute snowman stamp. The card is meant to work for almost any occasion taking place during winter. I switched the vertical panel to the other side of the card because I wanted the snowman to face inwards. I always try to avoid that stamps face out of the card since that leads the eye off the card instead of into the card. The background was coloured with Distress Stains smeared on my craft sheet. Watercolour paper was lightly misted and then dipped into the stains, I didn’t smear it around because I wanted an uneven look. The great sentiment about snowmen warming our hearts and bringing us cheer was stamped repeatedly on the background with Stormy Sky. Three snowflakes were die cut from the background and mounted in the same place using foam dots. I added two smaller snowflakes on top.

For the vertical panel, I used the snowman as one of the four embellishments, and three hearts as the other. The snowman was stamped on watercolour paper and clear embossed. Then it was coloured with Distress Inks smeared on a craft sheet and misted with Perfect Pearls and water. The white areas were covered with only Perfect Pearls and water. I loved the sentiment ‘sending you happy thoughts’, but only used the last part and stamped it on acetate so that the snowman could hold it. The little bird was die cut from shrink plastic, shrunk, coloured with alcohol ink and coated with glossy accents. The three hearts are die cut from grungepaper, painted white, covered with layers of UTEE and finished off with two layers of red embossing powder. The background text stamp was stamped into the hot embossing powder. I also found a organza ribbon with blue hearts that fit the card well.

Some close ups:




Thank you for stopping by!!

Supplies: DRS Designs Simply Snowman, Snowmen Smiles Greeting, One Line Happy Thoughts Gretting; Distress Stains: Broken China, Stormy Sky, Picket Fence, Tumbled Glass; Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade, Brushed Corduroy; Perfect Pearls; Cuttlebug heart and snowflake dies; Tim Holtz Sizzix Bird and Cage, Mini Snowflakes dies; UTEE; red embossing powder; Kaisercraft rhinestones; organza ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I love the pops of red and layered snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the hearts and snowflakes :) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 1 woord! pragtig! Al die details, rêrig wonderlik mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna-Karin, this is wonderful! Your background is so beautiful, and that snowman image is so cheerful and friendly. I love all the details--the snowflakes, hearts, and bird. Thank you for explaining how you made this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!