Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scenic tag booklet

Hi everyone! Today I have a scenic stamping project to share. I made it for the Craft a Scene May challenge (flowers). It’s a tag booklet and I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet, perhaps add some photos to the inside pags, or ideas about scenes, or perhaps give it away as a gift to someone. Here it is:
The scene is done on glossy cardstock and I used one of my most used dies, the Tag & Bookplates to die-cut it, as well as the inside pages and the back page. Both to protect the scene from smudges and scratches and to add an additional layer, I placed a tag die-cut from thick acetate on top. I stamped a sentiment on the acetate tag, as well as birds and some flowers using black Stazon ink. Here’s what the scene looks like without the acetate overlay:

For the flower field, I used a Stampscapes Blooms and Bridge stamp with lots of flowers that I hadn’t inked up yet. The stamping was done adding colour directly to the rubber with Distress Markers using brown shades for the pathway and three different shades of green for the grass. The house and trees were stamped using the same brown and green shades. The grass texture in the middle was also stamped with the markers. The scene was coloured with dye inks using a Colorbox Stylus tool and pen nibs, starting with the lightest shades and gradually building up colour. I wanted the flowers to have different colours so made them yellow, pink and purple. Additional flowers were added with gel pens in yellow, pink and purple and I added a white centre to all the flowers with a white gel pen. The same pen was used for highlights. Finally, I added just a little bit of dry-brushed white pigment ink to the sky and the middle area of the grass.

Two more photos:


Thank you so much for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stampscapes: Duck Trio in Flight 023A, Cabin Lg. 141G, Blooms and Bridge 221G, Sedge Filler 251C, sentiment; Darkroom Door flower stamps; Sizzix Tag & Bookplate die; Distress Markers: Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Pumice Stone, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick; Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint; Adirondack ink: Pesto, Lettuce, Willow, Aqua, Stonewashed, Espresso, Hazelnut; Jenni Bowlin ink: Lavender Sachet, Chewing Gum; Stazon Jet Black; Kromekote glossy cardstock; thick acetate; white paper for the inside pages.

4 comments:

  1. Anna-Karin,
    This is a beautiful scene great idea with the tag booklet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You did a wonderful job coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Beautifully composed and coloured and a wonderful sentiment. Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and I love how you've made a little book cover with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!