Saturday, July 21, 2012

A summer island in winter: CSI #29

This week’s case file at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration has a very summery feeling, but it fit so well with some photos I’ve been wanting to scrap of weathered and worn buildings taken on a winter’s day, that I did a wintery layout instead. Here’s the gorgeous casefile:


From the evidence items I used: woodgrain (both paper and stamp), paint and sand off, weathered look, stuff in a pocket. From the testimony items: transparent container, summer story in winter. I had a lot of photos from this occasion, so I did a double layout:

Here are each of the pages so you can see the details better:

Sorry about the reflections in the photos, they are not there in real life. These photos were taken on during a walk on a little island which is full of people during summer, but pretty empty at winter time. I used unusually much patterned paper on this layout, covering the cardstock with three different patterned papers. I added some stamping on top, using stamps that fit with the theme.

In my scrap box I found a piece of dry embossed cardstock, which had been inked, gessoed and clear embossed (I described how on this card). I cut it up into panels and used them on the layout, they fit so well with both the theme and the case file.

I also used a bunch of old postage stamps and some vintage photos, which fit since this island has a very old and interesting history.


The title panel was die-cut from mat board, painted it red and then pink. It was embossed with a crackle folder and then sanded.

Since I had a lot of photos from this occasion, I added a little tag book filled with smaller photos and the journaling. For the tag book, I made a pocket from vellum, using the Pocket Envelope die.

The journaling is about how we love to go and walk on this island and compares how it looks during summer and winter, full of people, boats and activities, compared to almost deserted, no shops open, hardly a person in sight. Cliffs, sea, history, beautiful views, nice old buildings and an old fort in the middle of it all. When it snows, the snow collects in between cliffs and stones (it is very windy), making for a very interesting landscape. We had picnic in one of the dressing room, with lots of peeling paint, fun for photos.

Thank you for looking! Have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Grunge Snowflakes, Wallpaper & Wood, Elements of Time, Market District; Inkywings postage stamps; Sizzix: Pocket Envelope, Tag & Tie, Patchwork and Cracked texture fades, mat board; Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers; Archival Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; MME and FabScraps patterned paper; MM and BasicGrey letter stickers; Collections Elements vintage images; gesso; watercolour paper.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this at CSI, and then your post arrived in my Blogger reader - so I had to come and see it properly! I love the colours of your embossed bits, and the layout is really lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!