Saturday, October 20, 2012

CSI case file #42: Together

Hello! I have a lot of photos with red in them, especially because my son often wears red clothes (and so do I). That's why I am always extra happy when there is a colour combo at CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration, with red in it, like this week:

My layout:

From the evidence items I used: woodgrain background, texture paste, polka dots, grid design, grass, flowers, circles. From the testimony items, I added a flower to my journaling spot and was inspired by the word 'small'.

I just love this photo of my son and his cousin in a field of grass and flowers. I mixed modeling paste with acrylic paint and applied it through a stencil for the woodgrain background. I had a bit of leftover paste and smeared it on top of a die cut grungeboard star. The blue cardstock is Core'dinations so I sanded the edges a bit. Then it was mounted on a really old BasigGrey patterned paper.

The photo was placed on top of six circles, but instead of using ordinary circles, I die cut them with a large fringed flower die, using six different 6x6 patterned papers (so the patterns are smaller).

The journaling translates: 'Such a wonderful photo of the two cousins, on a field of grass and flowers on a summer's day. Anton looks so small here and goes around 'eating' a dolls head. He is so much bigger now a bit more than a year later.'

Here's a close-up of the woodgrain. The balloons were stamped with Archival Ink Vermillion. The title translates 'together'.

I had a little bird from the Birds on a Wire die on my desk and it really wanted to jump onto the layout. Love these birds.

The grass was made with Eileen Hull's 3D Flowers #2 die. I cut six strips from cardstock and cut many of the fringes to make it look more like grass. They were stamped with an envelope background stamp. The flowers come from Karen Burniston's Hello set and were cut from white cardstock. The little circle was inked with Scattered Straw.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Fringed 3D Flower3D Flowers #2, Hello set, Birds on a Wire, Stars Bigz
Stamps: Hero Arts: Envelope Liner Backgroun CG461, Hello There CL553, Be Happy CL606
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Vermillion; Distress Ink Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw
Paint: Adirondack Pool, Jenni Bowlin Speckled Egg; modeling paste
Surfaces: BasicGrey patterned papers; Hambly Screen print; Core'dinations cardstock
Stencil: Crafter's Workshop woodgrain
Stickers: Authentique

2 comments:

  1. As always your work is so beautiful and whimsical to look at and I love how you utilise stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that photo is certainly perfect for this Casebook! What a gorgeous, textured layout... love how you've 'exploded' the flowers out of the photo into 3D!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!