Saturday, March 9, 2013

CSI case file #62: Laugh

Today I am sharing my layout for this week's CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge. Sizzix is sponsoring CSI during March and there is a prize to be won. Some of my design team mates from Sizzix are also joining CSI as guest designers. Don't miss all the layouts. Since this is the second case file of the month, we have another great sketch from Page Drafts included in the case file:

This sketch was perfect for a series of photos:

My son came up with a 'happy face' to use when he poses for photos (maybe I am taking too many photos...). It is pretty funny, although I hope he will not look like this on every single photo. I wanted to take a photo of him on this awesome staircase and he wanted a photo taken on every single step, since they were all different. From the evidence items I used: wood, circles, tone-on-tone and from the testimony items, I journaled on circles.

I sanded around each photo to make them stand out a bit more, since they are pretty busy.  I used different BasigGrey papers and some kraft-core cardstock. The background paper was stamped with Archival Vermillion ink, for a tone-on-tone effect. Did you notice that the layout is not completely square? I forgot to cut off the little name strip at the base of the patterned paper, and only realised it once I saw the photo of the layout in my computer.

I love Tim Holtz new Picture Wheel die, and just happened to have bought a viewmaster to my son recently. It was die cut from grey paper. The same day I made this we had gotten a parcel with this 'Alfons' sticker on top, which was perfect for the layout and fit right on top of the Picture Wheel. It had been torn so I had to piece it together. The two blueprint light bulbs were stamped on watercolour paper and watercoloured with Iced Spruce. The mini filmstrip was die cut from kraft-core cardstock and sanded a bit. The green paper was die cut with the Torn Notebook On the Edge die.

The gears and stars were die cut from white mat board and inked with Citrus Adirondack and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. Then they were coated with Glossy Accents, which gives them a really nice and finished look.

Underneath the title I stamped this new great sentiment stamp from Tim Holtz repeatedly. The title letters were die cut from kraft-core and sanded. The title translates 'Laugh'.

Loved the little cluster at the bottom of the sketch and I just happened to have had exactly ten photos taken in the staircase so it was the perfect place for my last photo and a bit more journaling. I added a frame around the layout with a white gel pen.

Thank you for looking! I hope you have time to join us this week.

Enjoy your weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Picture WheelMini Filmstrip & Mini Tickets, Torn Notebook On the Edge, Mini Gears, Circle Framelits, Star & Circle set, Vintage Market
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Industrial Blueprint, Mixed Media, Mini Blueprints 3, Simple Sayings
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Vermillion; Distress Ink: Iced Spruce, Squeezed Lemonade; Adirondack Citrus
Surfaces: BasicGrey patterned papers; Core'dinations Tim Holtz kraft-core cardstock, Sizzix Little Sizzles white mat board 6x13; watercolour paper
Adhesive: Ranger Glossy Accents

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful layout Anna.It caught my eye as I opened your page.Love his happy little face!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!