Saturday, August 10, 2013

CSI case file #84 - Enjoy the journey

Today I am sharing my layout for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, still on the July travel theme. Since it is the second week of the month, there is Page Drafts sketch. Here's the case file:
 
 
My layout:
 
I loved the sketch with the four narrow photos and it made me think of these photos which hadn't been scrapped yet, of one of my son's very first excursions on his own legs. From the evidence items I used: stripes, fringe, textured paper, twine and fabric, and from the testimony items it was inspired by 'explore'.  
 
The background is ledger paper which was distressed with watercolour paint. I also splattered some paint here and there. It was stamped with three Tim Holtz transportation images, which I really like. You might recognise this plane from last week's layout. The sweet sentiment stamp comes from Simon Says Stamp.

Behind the photo there is a panel of watercolour paper. I applied crackle paste through a brick stencil, to mimic the bricks in the photo. It was left to dry overnight for cracks to develop. I misted it with water and painted with watercolour paint. When it was dry, I stamped it here and there with an alphabet background stamp. There is also a layer of cheese cloth behind the photos.

Core'dinations cardstock was sanded and then die cut in the Tapered Fringe folder. I inked it a bit and shaped the grass. Two strips were layered on top of each other.

The title was die cut from a piece of paper I found in my scrap box, made with a mix of watercolours and Twinkling H20's. Texture was added with the cling wrap method (see this post).

Journaling: 'These are some of the first photos I have of you walking on your own. You had been able to walk for a little more than a month. It was so cute when you left off on your own, with new shoes and too big jeans, step by step. On a journey of exploration in the world. Love you little one.'

Thank you for stopping by!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Basic Grey Basics ledger paper; Canson watercolour paper; Core'dinations colour-core cardstock; Ranger kraft paper; Jenni Bowlin dot paper
Dies: Sizzix: Stacked Artful Words, Tapered Fringe
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Going Somewhere,Travel Ways; Simon Says Stamp: Beautiful Words
Ink: Archival Ink Jet Black; Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs; Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolours
Medium: Golden Artist Paint: Crackle Paste
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop Mini Bricks
Embellishments: cheese cloth; twine

4 comments:

  1. Awesome..I loved the textures this LO has..The bricks specially ! Stamped train,plane n ship make a fabulous bg .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonder... love the delicate neutrals, stamping and texture of the background, and the trio of photos works so brilliantly!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favourite layouts Anna-Karin, the fact that the scene extends outside the photos and frame is so cute... Just gorgeous photos too....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!