Monday, July 28, 2014

Inktense Art Journaling

Hi and welcome! This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is 'J is for'. Anything you can think of starting with or related to J. Fun! I made an art journal page.

I was planning to do a journal page, as my 'J' project, but about something else. Then after a bad knee day, I kept thinking 'j is for joint' (as in knee joint). One of my knees is a total mess after an old injury (see this layout), and this year it's gotten worse. I did this layout without much of a plan, and it is pretty busy and a little chaotic, a bit like how I imagine my knee to look on the inside. I played around with Inktense Blocks, which are great fun. If you add water, they turn into watercolour, but once dry, it is permanent. I started out making five different imperfect circles, all of them being partial and not complete.

After the first layer dried, I added details with a marker, stamps and stencils. The stamps I used are by Hero Arts. If you wet the Inktense Blocks a little, they can easily be applied right onto a rubber stamp. Mist a few times with water before stamping. Distress Ink was also sponged through stencils.

The tree was inked up with green and blue Inktense Blocks, when you mist the stamp with water the colours will blend. After stamping the tree, I misted it very lightly with water to make the paint wick out from the branches. Paint a shadow for the tree with a paint brush, picking the paint up from the blocks.

The cool splatters were done by applying water to a block and holding the block above the page, flicking paint off with a paint brush. The red circles were stamped with Red Geranium ink, these circles are also broken, which fit with the theme. I also stamped blue circles with the Painted Circle stamp and a blue Inktense block.

I printed this poem by Emily Dickinson on vellum and adhered with mini staples.

I also use used Simon Says Stamp Exclusive tree dies, symbolising my love of being outdoors.

I added a stamped bike, an word die cut and some tissue tape. This was done on watercolour paper and adhered to my large Dylusions Journal.

I hope you will join us this week in our 'J' challenge, as every week, one random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/


Thank you for stopping by today!!

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Journal; watercolour paper
Dies: Simon Says Stamp: Tall Forest Tree, Life, Family, Love
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Red Geranium; Distress Ink: Faded Jeans
Stencils: Dina Wakley Ranger: Birds in Flight; The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Raindrops
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Laboratorie Tissue Tape

29 comments:

  1. Stunning! You are a master of ink and paint and stamps. I hope your knee gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, I loved that poem the first time I ever saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is amazing! I love it in all its details! The color palette impressed me immediately! Your creativity is really endless! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very light and pretty... soft energy and sweet too... so sorry to hear about your knee... not a fun thing to have... hope you heal quickly... Make more art, it will help to heal quicker... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright layout, Anna-Karin! Gorgeous stamping and love the poem! Hope your knee will be better soon! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and design! That is one of my favorite verses! So pretty! Hope your knee feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Struggling to leave a comment but here goes again! I do share your angst about the never ending knee journey, not that it will be any consolation to you.

    Your layout is incredibly beautiful, I love the colours, the little bird and the wonderful poem - that says it all really! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colors and design, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Layers of ink is good medicine and the colors in this project certainly do provide comfort! I have always wanted to try some Inktense, maybe they are just what the doctor ordered? Great page, Anna and I'm sending some get well wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page! Love the beautiful colors on the background. Great design, Anna-Karin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page. Love all that ink and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this journal page! The colors, the stamps, the theme and poem!

    I finally succumbed to my doctors recommendation and did a knee replacement in January. I had a skateboard accident at 18 with reconstructive surgery and had been dealing with arthritis for many years. I thought I was too young at 50 and still did at 55 but I think but now I think I should have done it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing, what a beautiful journal page. This is my first visit to your blog so I've had a lovely time checking out your art and enjoyed every minute! Brilliant.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning journal page! I love the beautiful inky background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, Anna-Karin! I love the SSS Exclusive Tree die!! Totally putting that on the wish list ;)
    This journal page is so thoughtful and beautiful and printing the ED poem on vellum gives the entire page an ethereal quality. Just Lovely!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a bad knee too and know how painful they can become. My heart goes out to you. I would imagine that it gets very painful keeping up with your little guy.

    You've created a gorgeous page. I love how you incorporated the word die-cuts. I really like that look. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a Gorgeous page! I have not art journaled yet, but this inspires me to do just that! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! The way you used the "blank" spaces putting stamps into them using the same colors, I 've got to try that. Love the colors, the stamps, the black touches, the journaling, it all fits right together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! So sorry about your knee. My brother has just had successful acupuncture for his,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anna-Karin, your art journal pages are so inspiring! All of the layers and the elements to the page are just beautiful! Not to mention you used some of my favorite colors this week!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such knee traumas! And yet look what beauty arose from your pain! It really is a gorgeous page and I love how it focuses on hope!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your journal page is so beautiful all around, with your choice of color, the sweet bird, the poem, and the hope you have. You've got me inspired to try the Inktense blocks, but must check first to see if I already have them:)so I don't buy a duplicate set. That happens, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh poor you.Sorry to hear about your knee trouble.Hope it gets better.Your page is beautiful.Such beautiful details,the broken circles and the poem.That is one of my fav poems too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is an absolutely stunning page, Anna-Karin - looking at it just makes me happy. Beautiful, thoughtful, lovely.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another beautiful and inspirational project, Anna-Karin! I adore the colours you've chosen to use and the detail, as always, is just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are the master of layering. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love how you are able to create such dimension and texture, without adding bulk. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!