Hello friends! I need to squeeze in one more Sizzix project before May is over, and its's a sweet burlap panel featuring a watering can filled with quilled flowers. It is Mother's Day here today and we went on a nice walk along a lake.
I used new Sizzix dies by Tim Holtz to make this, namely the wonderful Tiny Tattered Florals, Watering Can and Script Celebration Words. The base is a 4 x 6 burlap panel. When I posted my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 May yesterday, I used left-over flowers from this project on the tag.
The background was done by first smearing some gesso on the panel, to give the Wendy Vecchi Crackled Paste something to hold on to. I added quite a thick layer of paste and left it to dry overnight. The paste was painted with watered down Weathered Wood, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio, Chipped Sapphire and a tiny bit of Walnut Stain. A Shield Charm is hanging down the side with twine.
I adhered Ranger's Foil tape to grungeboard and die cut the watering can from that. Sandwich: Cutting Pad, die facing up, grungeboard, second Cutting Pad. A craft pick was used to add more scratches to the metal. The foil was coloured with alcohol ink (Indigo, Lettuce, Rust and Juniper), using an ink-blending tool and white felt. I love the blue of the Indigo ink. Glue the center part to the watering can and add a sentiment on top.
The flowers were die cut from Classic Kraft-Core cardstock, which has brighter colours than the Nostalgic Collection. When you die cut these intricate dies, use the Sizzix Magnetic Platform and the new Precision Base Plate. Then you'll get a perfect die cut each time, and you only need to run them through the machine once. Use this sandwich: Magnetic Platform, Precision Base Plate with the metal side up, paper, die facing down, Cutting Pad. Sand the flowers carefully and roll with the slotted quilling tool that comes with the die set. Glue and when the glue has set you can shape the flowers.
The die set contains eight flowers and seven leaves. Fold the leaves and sand to get a vein. I smeared some Rock Candy Distress Glitter on the flowers for vintage shine. When dry, the flowers were glued to the background with hot glue. I tucked the leaves in here and there.
Here you can better see the effect of the Rock Candy Stickles.
The sentiment was die cut from foil tape that had been adhered to smooth cardstock. I coloured it with the same inks used on the watering can. When dry, the crackled background was stamped with an alphabet stamp and Jet Black ink.
I also added a Salvaged Doll and painted her slightly with Cracked Pistachio and Walnut Stain Distress Paint. The lace was dyed with Cracked Pistachio and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
Thank you for stopping by today!!